MT. HEALTHY, OH -Fire crews say more than 80 animals were living in a home that caught fire Thursday morning in Mt. Healthy.
The fire broke out around 11 a.m. in the chimney of a home in the 1800 block of Adams Road. Crews contained the fire to the second floor.
Fire crews say at least two cats and one iguana died in the fire.
"The house is not livable, the gas and electric's been shut off so there is no way that we could keep them warm," says Mt. Healthy Fire Chief Steve Lawson.
Several other animals were inside the home and not injured. Fire crews say there were 18 rats, 12 rabbits, about 12 snakes, 10 mice, nine cats, seven finches, seven dogs, five hamsters, four iguanas, two guinea pigs, two cockatiels, one hedgehog and one bearded dragon.
The owner of the home, Nikki Hagaman, says she is not a hoarder and houses extra animals from the Animal House pet store where she works right down the street.
"I'm not a crazy hoarder. I don't buy them. I don't order them. I do rescue work," says Hagaman.