Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cat lover still trying to reclaim animals she was accused of poisoning


By Carl Hessler Jr.

With an obvious love and compassion for her onetime pets, Linda Muchnick says she's prepared to wage a court battle to reclaim the 18 animals she once was accused of trying to poison.

"I love them. They are my family. I am one of those people who loves animals more than anything else in the world. That's who I am, who I've been. I don't eat any animal food. I don't wear leather," Muchnick said Wednesday outside a Montgomery County courtroom where she is fighting to have the animals returned to their home.

"If I knew that something else would work for them, I would surrender to what's for their highest good. But I know I've got to fight like a proud warrior to recover them all because that's what they need. I truly believe in my heart that's what the Lord wants me to do," Muchnick, sometimes tearful, added during an exclusive interview.

The civil hearing, at which Judge Steven T. O'Neill will determine the fate of the 17 cats and one dog, was halted after Muchnick indicated she wishes to call a psychiatrist who evaluated her to testify about her wellness and when prosecutors and the judge indicated they want to hear from members of the Montgomery County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals regarding the condition of the animals..." More

No comments: