Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Marshall resident appears on Today Show to discuss animal hoarding

Patrick Nolan

Marshall's Carolyn Root made one of her first public appearances on the Today show Friday morning to speak about her experiences and strains as a recovering animal hoarder.

"We would spend $350 a week on dry dog food," Root told Today show host Meredith Vieira.

The financial strain of taking care of more than 80 dogs sometimes reached up to $20,000 per year.

"I figure I spent $200,000 feeding dogs. It's starting to mess with my head," said Ronnie Root in a clip of the Animal Planet show shown on the Today Show.

"I guess I just kind of overlooked (the financial strains) because it wasn't an issue," Carolyn said. "We would get behind on our bills every month but it wasn't an issue. Feeding the dogs was an issue."..." More & video


No comments: